Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Musique

For this post I thought I would just share a few of the most popular songs in Guinea right now. I love music; I love the way it makes people think, smile, cry, dance etc...Music seems to always be resonating the air waves of Guinea and if you can't feel the beats then you can't understand the atmosphere.

I don't really know how to go about finding more of the traditional music online to share with you. But here are a few of the songs that are very popular on Radio Kamsar right now (and that my family loves to dance to). On any given day, or any taxi ride or on the radio you're bound to hear these songs.

1. Makale - by Tiranke Sidime (Guinea). This song is often referred to as the unofficial Guinean national anthem. I doubt if I've gone one day in Guinea without hearing this song.


2. Nwa Baby -by Flavour (Nigeria). This song is not heard as often on the radio, but I dig the beats and it mostly makes me think of my little host brothers and sisters in Dubreka. They would sing the chorus of the song while dancing around our yard. I had never actually heard the song until I went to site, so now it always makes me think of them (though after seeing the music video I'm not so sure I want to associate this song with them...)


3. Désolé - by Sexion d'assaut (France). A favorite of mine and my little brothers at my site:


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved Nwa Baby when I was in Uganda this summer! So much so I purchased it on itunes :) Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete