Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Extension

Hello World!

Internet has been rough lately, mostly bacuse the internet place I used to go to stopped working and the only other internet cafe within many, many hours of me has a terrible connection. I used to post whenever I happened to be in Conaky, but lately with political instability (Guinea is preparing to have it's first ever democratic legiaslative elections on June 30th), our travel to Conkary has been highly restricted.

Yet here I am, in the computer lab of the Conakry Peace Corps house. I'm here for a medical evaluation that I have to do in order to officially (drum roll....) extend my serive for one year!! I'm going to stay in my same site and work at my same school. Since I'm extending I get a month of home leave which I'm taking at the end of June. I'm crossing my fingers that the elections will happen peacefully and that PCVs won't be affected...

So, keeo your eyes peeled for some wayyy over due blog posts of things that happened quite some time ago but wasn't able to post.

 Local dancing/drumming group rehearsal near my house
 A map of Guinea that my new site mate Alexis and I painted on our primary school
Marching band of middle/high school students

No comments:

Post a Comment